Friday, April 16, 2010

TriangGULO (Chapter 18)

"Now, try to open your eyes slowly." The operation was already done. The doctor was now testing if the operation is successful.
Lorraine opened her eyes slowly. She's looking straight ahead. Straight to me. I was beside her but I was leaning in front of her. Kung sa'n nakatingin yung ulo niya. I have to make sure na ako ang unang makikita ng left eye niya. Sana sa pagkakataong yun...... Di bale na lang.
Her eyes were completely opened. "Clarissa?" Yes! I'm Clarissa. Do you already see me with two eyes? I mean, nakikita mo na bang gustong-gusto kita ng sobra? Kasi baka nung isang mata pa lang ang meron ka, gusto pa lang ang nakikita mo. Hindi gustong-gusto.
"O, sabihin mo kung yes or no. If the operation was successful." I told her as I let my face came closer to her.
"Clarissa," she smiled at me, "yes. And you look beautiful now that I have a left eye." Yes naman! Yun ang words na gustong-gusto kong marinig. Kaya lang, medyo nagbago nung dinugtong niya, "This world is much beautiful if you have two eyes looking into it."
The doctor's phone rang and he answered it, "Excuse me for a while. I have an urgent."
"It's okay. We'll just make a call if something happened," my Dad said who was at Lorraine's right side.
The doctor left. We all followed his way through our eyes. Of course, Lorraine was included there.
"How do you feel, iha?" my Mom asked her who was situated on her left side. Beside me also.
Lorraine looked at my Mom, "The world seems to be prettier in my eyes now. Though I haven't seen the outside world again. It feels like I'm now on a paradise." She smiled to my Mom.
As she said those words, I want to answer back. I want to say "You're my world Lorraine, I wish that you feel the same, too. I want to be your paradise. Forever"
"Clarissa, ba't ka nakatulala ng husto kay Lorraine?" tanong ni Daddy. I was frightened. Baka kasi napapansin na niya ako.
"Ah," nabigla ako, "wala lang. Namamangha lang ako sa new eye ni Lorraine." I just gave him a smile to hide my real feelings.
"Lorraine, what do you want to eat?" asked my Mom who was smiling. Happy siya kasi the operation was successful.
"Anything."
"Lorraine, walang anything sa canteen," my Dad cracked a joke.
"Haha! Funny!" I replied. Then, I heard Lorraine's sweet laugh. Her first laugh with two sparkling eyes. Oh! It melts me so so much.
"Hay naku, tara na Pa," my Mom told Daddy, "anything daw. So, I guess it's better to feed something delicious and nutritious to both of you."
"Ayokong gulay!" I immediately answered. I know Mom's style. When she said delicious and nutritious, she means that she's going to give me (now us) veggies.
"Kumain ka. Please?" pleaded Lorraine.
I just looked at her. It's her first time to say please to me. Yung please na mapapa-oo ka talaga. Not because I have eyes for her pero ewan ko. Parang may nagsasabing pumayag ako.
"Bahala na kayo, Ma." I told my Mom.
My parents left us. When I'm with her, it's always a moment of silence. Matagal bago magsimula ang usapan. Gusto kong tumingin sa kanya pero nakakahiya. Di ko kaya. Di ko kayang pigilan ang sarili ko. Then, she broke the silence.
"Ba't ang tahimik mo?" she looked at me.
"Ikaw?" I sat on a chair near her bed.
"Anong ikaw?" she returned my question.
"Lagi na lang ako yung nag-iistart ng conversation," but I really wanted to say na ako na lang lagi yung nagfi-first move.
"Ok," she paused for a while.. Thinking of a topic to open. Then, she asked me, "yung tanong ko sa'yo nung..... Ah!" bigla siyang may naalala. Makikita mo sa mukha niya. "Yung diary dala mo?"
"Lorraine, I'm sorry."
"Di mo dala? Ok lang. Uuwi rin," tuloy-tuloy siyang nagsasalita but I cut it to tell her my real reason of saying sorry.
"Wait wait wait. I'm saying sorry not because I didn't bring it with me. I'm, saying sorry cause I wasn't able to resist myself from reading it." I bowed my head.
She chuckled. "Don't worry. I won't be mad. Pinagkakatiwalaan na kita eh." I lifted my head as she said those words. I saw her looking at me and smiling. I smiled back to her.
"Thanks!" I said in a low voice.
"Halika nga dito," she commanded me. I came to her and then she hugged me. That's the sweetest thing happened to me. She continued, "Salamat kasi you taught me the real meaning of a...... Best friend. I love you.... Best friend!" Sweet! Kaso may best friend. Sana sa susunod, real I love you na.
"Yung tanong mo dati, yung sa bato." She stopped hugging me to look at me. "Alam ko na ang sagot."
"Ano!?" she immediately asked me.
I just looked at her. I smiled. I know the answer already. Kung di pa ako masasaktan.

Ang bato una, puno ng sakripisyo. Sakripisyong wala man lang akakaappreciate sa kanya Araw araw mo ng dinadaanan pero bakit nandyan pa rin siya? Kaya niyang tanggapin ang lahat ng sakit.
Parang ako. Nung oras na yun. Di lang nung oras na yun. Lagi. Lagi-lagi.

No comments:

Post a Comment