Thursday, April 15, 2010

TriangGULO (Chapter 17)

Monday. A day for the examinations' results. I hurried to school. Sa sobrang bilis ko, naunahan ko pa sa pag-alis si Lorraine. Lorraine was already staying at our house because her work at my dad's ancestral business was already settled. But she's still helping him to attain a new success.
When I was at school, napansin kong masyado yata akong maaga. Ako ang unang-una sa classroom (but not on the whole campus!). The time has come and the results were given. Ang order niya was to lowest to highest. Ganun sa lahat ng subjects. All of my classmates was wondering why my name isn't yet called.
"Clarissa Canlas." said our teacher in English.
"Whoa! Third to the highest! Ang taray mo pare!" Luke said. I shot a look at him and I saw him grinning. Lorraine, who was beside him, was looking outside the window and it seems like she's thinking so deep.
"Lucas Collins," called the teacher and Luke came near to her to get his paper. "And the one who got the highest score," continued the teacher, "Lorraine dela Cruz. She got a perfect score."
"Ma'am, I think she cheated." Mary said.
It's hard to believe that someone will get a perfect score on our test. It's a very very hard test. I guess, on that test, lima lang kaming nakapasa including Lorraine. Ako nga thirty-five out of sixty lang ang tama ko while Luke was only one point higher to me.
"Stop your accusation, Mary." The teacher said as she stood up, "I saw her took the test. If you'll recall your sitting arrangements, Lorraine was sitting in front of me. Parang di ka nasanay sa akin,Mary. Though you're sitting far away from me, I can still see you if you'll cheat."
For sure, napahiya si Mary. Inside me, I laughed out loud.
The next test results was already given. Lorraine got all perfect scores except for Filipino. She got one mistake. Nabilib ang lahat sa kanya. Pero ako, hindi bilib ang naramdaman ko. Proud. I'm very proud of her.
Ang bilis ng araw na yon. The dismissal time has arrived. I looked for Lorraine and I saw her on the bench, kung sa'n siya laging nakatambay. Parang may hinahanap siya. Lingon ng lingon. Until she spotted Luke. She was holding a gift. I waited for Luke to turn around. But it seems like he never heard Lorraine's voice. When i saw Lorraine trying to run after Luke I called her name.
"Lorraine!" I shouted. I was on the corridor. In front of it was the favorite spot of Lorraine.
She stopped but never attempted to find me. I came to her but she didn't cared if I was there.
"Ano na naman?" she asked me. Irritably.
"May sasabihin lang sana ako sa'yo."
She turned around and said, "Ano?!" This time, talagang naiirita na siya.
"Bakit ba! Importante 'to kaysa sa Luke mo!" na=carried away ako sa pagka-irita niya.
"Ano nga kasi!" she shouted. Greater than I did. Louder than the way I spoke. All of the people passing by were looking to our spot but we never cared.
"Gusto ko lang sabihin na naipasa ko lahat ng test," I tried to calm down.
"O, ngayon?!" humina na ang boses niya. I bet napansin niyang pinagtitinginan na kami.
"Nalimutan mo ba ang deal natin?" my voice was like, pinapamukha ko sa kanya na di dapat siya magalit sa akin but instead, she should thank me. "Pag napasa ko lahat ng test. Naaalala mo ba? O baka gusto mong ipaalala ko sa'yo?"
"Alam ko!" she shouted again. "Sorry," natauhan na yata siya nun.
A moment of silence. We were standing there but later on, she take her seat. In order to make it not boring, I spoke.
"Ibibigay mo ba yang hawak mo kay Luke?"
"Siguro naman naranasan mo na'ng ma-in love at maramdaman 'tong nararamdaman ko. Disappointment, Clarissa. After kong ipunin lahat ng lakas ng loob ko, you took that away." She never looked at me but looked from afar.
"Eh bakit di mo siya hinabol? Ba't tumigil ka? Anong klaseng genius ka!" para akong nanay nun na nanenermon ng anak.
"Nung tinawag mo ako, biglang nawala. Alam mo kung anong naramdaman ko? Inis. Feeling ko, may pumipigil sa nararamdaman ko para sa kanya." She gave me the gift that she was holding. "Kasalanan mo kaya ikaw ang mag-bigay!" then, she left me.
I looked at the note. Written there as Lorraine's unique penmanship. She wrote:
Thanks for accepting me as your friend. Happy birthday!

Lawrence
I immediately looked for Luke but he was nowhere to be found. For sure nakauwi na siya. So what I did, pumunta ako sa bahay nila. Luckily, he was there. Hindi pa siya nakakapag-palit. Papakainin pa nga sana ako eh. But I told him that I really have to go home.
"Clarissa, next Saturday birthday party ko. Isasabay na daw kasi sa pagdating ni Daddy dito. Pakisabi na lang kay Lawrence ah?" He invited me. Us. Pero naasar ako nung tinawag niya si Lorraine ng Lawrence. Asar na napalitan ng wild imagination ko na naman.
"Ah. Sige, bye!" then I left.

Sa darating na Sabado na ooperahan si Lorraine. One week after that, she'll experience her first party with changes. One, she'll party with eyes complete. Second, she'll party with me. Third, mas bright na ang pag-ngiti niya and there's so much more.
That night, I can't sleep for I was dreaming my own dream. I dreamt that I was seducing Lorraine at maseseduce ko naman siya. She'll hug me and nanakawan niya ako ng halik. But hindi siya lasing. Ayaw niyang gawin yon ng lasing siya because she want to do it voluntarily.
These imaginations of mine made me freak. And fall for her more and deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment