Wednesday, April 14, 2010

TriangGULO (Chapter 16)

She broke the silence by immediately coming near to us and said, "Go with me. I have something for you. Specially for you, Clarissa." She smiled. It feels like it takes all your pain away. Refreshing. Relieving.
"Sinong kasama mo?" Luke asked. I wasn't able to speak cause I got addicted to her smile.
"Si," I saw a light on her face when Luke spoke to her, "Mang Johnny."
"Oh." replied Luke.
I was still looking at Lorraine, Lorraine to Luke and I guess, Luke was still looking at me.
To break the silence and awkwardness (I felt awkward to Luke), I suggested, "Tara na! I'm excited to be surprised.
We went to the car and we all sat at the back seat. Mang Johnny turned on the radio and searched for a clear station. He ended up tuning the radio to the station that played mostly love songs. The song that was playing at that time was a Tagalog song. Dahil mahal kita ang naka-play.
"Whoa! Ang senti ng kanta no?" Luke said.
Luke was sitting between me and Lorraine. I was on his left and Lorraine on his right.
"Oo nga eh," Lorraine agreed. She looked at Luke and smiled. "Puro rock songs na lang naririnig ko. Kaya di ako makapag-emote."
"Bakit Lawrence, in-love ka?" Luke chuckled.
"Oo." Lorraine answered quickly.
"Kanino?" Luke asked her.
Napalingon ako kay Lorraine. I'm curious kung sino yung taong yun. Siguro nagsisimula na si Luke sa pagtulong sa akin.
"Kay Mang Johnny! I love you Mang Johnny!" she said while leaning at Mang Johnny.
"I love you too Lorraine!" Mang Johnny's big voice covered the car.
"Ano yan, sugar daddy?" Luke and Lorraine laughed.
"Hindi," Mang Johnny answered, "sugar yaya!" the three of them laughed.
"Clarissa," Luke was now speaking to me, "ba't di ka tumatawa? Di ka maka-relate?" Luke was serious but Lorraine chuckled.
I tried to laughed and thank god, it didn't sound plastic. I laughed like hell and Lorraine tried to laugh with me and all of us laughed.
"Para tayong baliw! Wala namang nakakatawa," I said. Luke and Lorraine just stared at me.
"O," Mang Johnny broke the silence, "andito na tayo!"
Mang Johnny dropped us at a fine restaurant. We waited for Mang Johhny to park the car and the four of us went inside. Lorraine was met by a receptionist.
"Canlas' table." Lorraine said to the receptionist.
"This way, Ma'am." said the male receptionist.
The receptionist led us to a private room. There, I saw my Mom and Dad talking and having a sweet moment.
"Daddy!" I said aloud. I came to him and hugged him tightly. "Daddy, bati na kayo ni Mommy?" I'm starting to cry.
"Don't cry, honey. It's all because of Lorraine." Mom and Dad looked at Lorraine while smiling while I looked at her. Puzzled.
"How?" I'm still looking at her.
"She talked to me." Dad answered. "She told me that you told her I need help regarding our ancestral business. She volunteered to help me. Of course, I accepted her offer and luckily, the problem was solved."
"Eh, ba't laging wala si Lorraine sa bahay?" I asked Dad.
"She wanted to keep it as a secret. Kinutsaba niya ang Mommy mo. Now, regarding me and your Mom, she talked to us and said that we need to be okay so that you won't feel down. Both of us realized that she's right. We never thought of you when we fight."
"Anak," my Mom interrupted, "we're very sorry."
"I understand." I went to Lorraine and kissed her cheek. Now, I was talking to her, "Thanks. I love you!" and she hugged me.
That was a perfect time to say I love you to her. And I really mean it.
"Okay!" shouted Luke, "Kainan na!"
They laughed while Lorraine and I are just smiling at each other. We hugged again and later on, we ate.

The following days were our examinations. It's three consecutive days. I hope that I can pass. Hindi lang para makapasa but to let Lorraine have her own left eye. In that way, maybe, she can see me. How much I loved her.

No comments:

Post a Comment