Wednesday, May 5, 2010

AlONE (Chapter 2)

I took criminology as my course. Nung una, there's only one reason for me to take it. But when you came to my life, you gave me another reason. I was on my 2nd year college when I came back to this town where I grew up with hatred and anger. Isang araw lang yun pero maraming nangyari. That event was everything to me. Una, maipapakulong na kita. Pangalawa, isa 'tong hakbang para mapatunayan na karapat-dapat ako sa course ko.
Natatandaan mo? How I ruined your special day?

(Flashback)
Clarissa was celebrating her 18th birthday. And not only that, her family also celebrated for their reunion. Clarissa's parents got separated after having numerous fight because of the guilt felt by Clarissa's mom. Her father told her mother to forget about it because the name of their family will be put into danger. Her mother answered back that it seems like Clarissa's father didn't cared about their daughter. Marissa and Clarissa flew to Cebu and lived a simple life.
Before celebrating her debut, Clarissa asked her parents to reconcile. At first, her mother didn't want to reconcile with her husband. But later on, both of them realized that they have to for the sake of their own daughter.
Marissa and Clarissa came back to their home and started a happy life by forgetting what had happened in the past.
The Canlas family celebrated Clarissa's birthday as their reunion but Lorraine broke it.
By bringing some police, Lorraine told Clarissa that she's under arrest. Lorraine told Clarissa that she have to pay for what she did to Luke. She also announced to the people present at the party about the incident.
With this revelation, Clarissa got arrested since she was at the right age to be imprisoned and her family experienced poverty. No one made friends with her parents and they were avoided most of the times. The family of Clarissa's father didn't accept him anymore as part of their family. Her parents find for another place to live in so that they can start a new life. They still visit Clarissa but sometimes, Clarissa didn't wanted to see them because she was very ashamed.

Kung inaasahan mong hihingi ako ng tawad, hinding-hindi ko gagawin. Walang kapatawaran ang ginawa mo gaya ng sabi ko dati. Nang dahil sa'yo, nag-aaral ako ng galit. Nag-aaral ako hindi para matuto kundi para gumanti. Do you know how it feels? I'm having a burden inside me. It's all because of you. You!
I flew back to States to continue my studies. After finishing my college life, I worked at Collins' company as the president of one of their sub-company. I tried to leave but Mr. Lucious didn't wanted because I was a big help for their company. I promised him to come back after finishing some important things to be done. Nagtataka ka ba kung bakit ang bilis kong nakuha ang rank na SPO3? Due to numerous accomplishments. They promoted me several times because I've done big cases. Lalo na ang kaso ng tatay ko.
Bumalik ako sa Batangas. Isang buwan ako dun. Naghahanap ako sa walang-hiyang stepfather ko. Nakita ko siyang nagtitinda sa isang resort ng mga souvenirs. Tatlong araw ko siyang inobserbahan. And on the third day, I decided myself. Nagpanggap akong dayo sa lugar nila. Buti na lang, hindi niya ako nahalata. Nainis ako lalo when I spotted na binibenta niya yung figurine na bigay sa'kin ni Luke. I took it and he asked me if I'm going to buy it. I placed it from its position and just stared at it. Nainip siguro siya kaya nagalit siya at tinanong kung bibilhin ko ba talaga yung figurine. I paid for it then took and broke it.
Nagulat siya at nag-tanong kung bakit ko binasag yun. "Saul dela Cruz, isn't it?" I asked him at mukhang na-surprise siya. I asked him again, "Lorraine dela Cruz, you still remember?" Kinuha ko ang warrant of arrest and gave it to him. Binasa niya yun at matapos niyang basahin, kinuha ko ang posas at sinabi kong, "You're under arrest for killing my stepsister, you stupid!"

2 comments: